Step 4 - Parent Account Details/Link Students to Account
- Fill in the information on the Create Parent Account screen
- First Name is PARENT/GUARDIAN first name
- Last Name is PARENT/GUARDIAN last name
- Email is PARENT/GUARDIAN email address
- Desired Username is the username you wish to use with PowerSchool for your Parent Account
- Password is something you makeup, and must be at least 8 characters long; a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers is more secure
- Re-enter Password is a repeat of the password you made up to confirm it was typed in correctly
- For each Student Account you wish to link to your Parent Account you must enter the Student Name, Access ID,
and Access Password
and select PARENT/GUARDIAN Relationship
to the student.
The "Access ID" and "Access Password" are NOT the same as the Username and Password a student uses to access PowerSchool; they are unique identifiers that should have been provided in a correspondence from the school. If you cannot
location that information, please contact the District Registrar directly, email@example.com
- Click the Enter button when you are finished
- NOTE: You may NOT use your email address as your username
- NOTE: If you do not know the information for all of your students, you can add them later
- If you get an error message that invalid student information was entered, you are probably not using the Parent Access ID & Parent Access Password for that student.
Adding Students to your Parent Account
- Login to your Parent Account
- On the start page, click on Account Preferences on the navigation menu
- On the Account Preferences - Profile page, click on the Students tab
- On the Students tab, click the Add icon to add a student to your account. The Add Student dialog will appear.
- Enter the Student Name, the Parent Access ID and Parent Access Password for the additional student, and indicate your Relationship
- The Access ID and Access Password are NOT the same as the username and password a student uses to access PowerSchool; they are unique identifiers that should have been provided in a correspondence from the school. If you cannot
locate that information, please contact the District Registrar directly, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click Submit. The Add Student dialog will close and the newly added student should appear under My Students. Additionally, an account change confirmation email will be sent to your email address.